We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Day 6: Skellie Reindeers Dream of Sugar Plum Snowflakes + DominoART Challenge Winter Wonderland reminder!

Welcome back for Day 6 of


We are counting down to Christmas in Smeared Ink style with our annual 12 Days of Creepmas blog hop and are now officially half way!  What a freaktastic hop we are having!  Stop by every 2nd day throughout December and hop your way through the Jolly Bloggers blog roll over there in my right sidebar.  You will want to stick around and feast your eyeballs on all the creeptastic Christmas themed projects!

Thank you so much for hopping with me and leaving me your lovely comments ;0)

Now for my Day 6 project!
Happy Smeared Ink Friday and as it's Friday this is also my reminder post about DominoART's current Challenge - #17 Winter Wonderland, come and join the fun, Creepmas projects are totally welcome too!

Skellie Reindeers Dream of Sugar Plum Snowflakes!
an altered domino that could be a tree ornament, a magnet or a pendant, but it isn't...okay...how about a clue as to what I'm doing with these dominoes...it's PRICKLY teehee ;0)


Today's altered domino is a skellie reindeer skull dreaming happily about pink sugar plum snowflakes!
 For this one I did what I shall call reverse masking...I stamped Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous ATC "Reindeer Games" Christmas collage rubber stamp in red StazOn ink and directly over it I stamped Smeared Ink's skellie Reindeer from the Gothic Christmas rubber set.  I then carefully removed the parts of both images I didn't want with an old Marvy Le Plume colourless blender alcohol marker.  You can use a Copic one too, it doesn't damage the marker nib, just stains it whatever colour ink you're removing!  I then coloured with Sharpies after heat setting and edged the domino with a DecoColor metallic silver paint pen and coloured the sides too.  I finished off the piece with a metallic gold wired ribbon bow, a snowflake and added crystal Stickles glitter glue for some magic sparkle.

Just a few more stops on the hop for you today, now off you go to Lady B!!

Thanks for visiting with me, see you again on Dec 13!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

5 comments:

  1. Love the image and colours, the sugar plum snowflakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prickly?? Another great domino Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super domino - your series is really super. The work involved in these is amazing. Can't wait to see the whole tree at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dominoes are always superb, and this one doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous you never let anyone down with your fabulous pieces! I am always in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...